Welcome to the first Module of your SIA Training course.
Delegates attending the following SIA licence linked courses are required to complete distance learning prior to attending the classroom based portion of the course.
- 'Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry'
- 'Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry'
- 'Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (PSS) within the Private Security Industry'
Note: Failure to fully complete the associated distance learning may result in you being turned away from the exams.
You should set aside ample time to ensure you absorb the content sufficiently as the majority of the material within the 'Working within the Private Security Industry' module will not be covered as part of the classroom based portion of the course. Therefore, in order to significantly improve your prospects of passing the Awarding Body Examination, please allow yourself sufficient time to complete and absorb the learning.
The SIA recommendation for this unit is: up to 9 hours for the Working within the Private Security Industry' module;
Working within the Private Security Industry
"to read/learn the contents of the ‘Working in the Private Security Industry’ module & take the mock exams"
- Section 1: Introduction to the Private Security Industry
- Section 2: Communication Skills and Customer Care
- Section 3: Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Section 4: Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Section 5: Fire Safety Awareness
- Section 6: Emergency Procedures and Dealing with Vulnerable People